Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Skype-ing…

I know everyone has a Skype account.
I did not… But there were twelve other Gayatri Goswami’s floating around there, talking-chatting-calling-blah-blah-blah. I added the thirteenth.
Anyway, so my best friend has now shifted base to London. (I should footnote this….but this is not an academic paper….so well.) She is acquiring a ‘neutral-Indian’ accent and it’s another weapon I use indiscriminately now to tease her and well…just generally make fun of her. Poor thing has apparently become acutely conscious of it now, especially in front of her fellow Indian friends there…Any day now, I think, she will call me for some ‘tea’ and ‘cookies’!!!! (Please read it with a Brit accent?)
Fascinating how spatial environments play so crucial a role in the physical expression of a language. And how much of an acquired accent is a matter of social conditioning? But I digress.
So well, getting back, I gave in finally to her constant badgering and set up a Skype account a little while back. (I have trouble with Facebook and often find myself contemplating the option of account deactivation, albeit a temporary one…why did I now get myself a Skype account? Accumulation of more virtual worldly trappings!!!)

With my background explanation in place, I thought you should see just how much of an internet handicap I face….
After this, please appreciate the technological hurdles I cross every single time I write here…Thank you already :)


[2:37:22 AM] Apoorva Sharma: Finally u appear on Skye!!!!
[2:37:37 AM] Apoorva Sharma: accept my call
[2:37:49 AM] Gayatri Goswami: how the fuck?
[2:37:53 AM] Gayatri Goswami: awww jeeez
[2:37:54 AM] Gayatri Goswami: wait
[2:37:55 AM] Gayatri Goswami: stop
[2:37:56 AM] Gayatri Goswami: calling me
[2:37:58 AM] Gayatri Goswami: weird music
[2:38:02 AM] Gayatri Goswami: wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[2:38:08 AM] Apoorva Sharma: well there is green phone button
[2:38:11 AM] Apoorva Sharma: click it
[2:38:16 AM] Gayatri Goswami: stop the music
[2:38:20 AM] Gayatri Goswami: stop calling me!!!!!
[2:38:22 AM] Gayatri Goswami: pleasseeeeee
[2:38:23 AM] Apoorva Sharma: on the right hand top side
[2:38:25 AM] *** Missed call from Apoorva Sharma. ***
[2:38:27 AM] Gayatri Goswami: phew
[2:38:29 AM] Gayatri Goswami: thanks man
[2:38:32 AM] Apoorva Sharma: ok then
[2:38:32 AM] Gayatri Goswami: i was feeling like
[2:38:35 AM] Gayatri Goswami: a retard
[2:38:40 AM] Gayatri Goswami: don’t drop a call just like that
[2:38:45 AM] Gayatri Goswami: i got scared and thot
[2:38:58 AM] Gayatri Goswami: some weird shit ass of an alarm went off!!!!!
[2:39:01 AM] Gayatri Goswami: jeeeez
[2:39:03 AM] Gayatri Goswami: :(

3 comments: