Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Painful Questions of Aesthetics and a note of thanks....

Alright, I got Apoorva to work on the aesthetics bit of the blog. It was my own idea of making her pay back for coercing me into getting this new form of virtual socializing with Skype. I even connected my Skype account with my Facebook account!!!

We made our way through backgrounds with everything from antique cameras and radios to abstract lines and sad looking birds, font sizes, themes, archives link position and format and just about everything.….
I was happy with this one (sepia toned?) background with postcards but she was getting royally pissed with the fact that she could not adjust the size of the background picture to her satisfaction (Skype chat line: LIKE HOW FUCKING STUPID IS THAT!!!!).
She wanted to move the “bloody postcards” around a bit to create better aesthetics.
I didn’t even know you could do that!!!
The result you see…
I can’t tag my thanks here (you will of course be duly and publicly thanked on Facebook)…but take it anyway Apoorva :)
And stealing from the Facebook thanks: "standing in deep appreciation of the crucial role you played in this resurrection...many thanks!!!"

But I am left wondering now….why am I spending so much of time of this blog? Rather on its resurrection?

2 comments:

  1. Darling, aesthetics is a debate in my part of the world, you should be glad your not a part of. Its making millions for those in the business, but most gravely it creating billions of 'shiny objects' we don't know where to put anymore.

    So yeah, its a painful one. For ex before I have my name associated with this particular background, I would have liked very much to make it look even 'shinier'.
    The question of Aesthetics is really complex affair, for it addresses a deep need in us to be perceived in a certain way by the world. And hence, it's making billions for those in the business.

    :* kiss kiss (brit accent)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aesthetics in a monologue..

    you are now firmly and publicly associated with the background and the appearances of this..no escaping that.
    as for the more deep rooted question of aesthetics, while i agree with you, this is hardly the space to get into it...
    some other time then alright?

    ReplyDelete