Saturday, February 28, 2009

This is what happens when you read a bad book.

So what am I doing right now? Well, I am making yet another attempt to publish my thoughts, ideas and feelings (“yet” being an indication of failed attempts at the same in the past). But what the hell, here I am once again with my loaded gun (proverbially).

I am in a somewhat strange mood right now. How do I explain?
I just had some amazing food accompanied by an amazingly A-wful book! Yes, I realise that am dawdling but err… I will get to the point…..eventually.
On that note, why can’t I just ramble aimlessly? Why does everything have to have logic? A purpose? Why can’t I just vent my frustration and irritation over picking up a bad book and wasting a whole day just to read it!
You might just complain that no one forced me to it, did they? I’ll say, no they did not.
I believe I am just projecting the troubles of my life on a harmless (bad as it was) piece of text. So where does that take me? What does one do when they realise that they have probably made one of the biggest mistakes of life and that there can be no going back?

That does make me sound like some character of a bad screenplay. See what a bad piece of text can do to a sane thinking person!

My suggestions to overcome the ‘mistakes’ in life?

Well, go into denial. (works wonders)

Cry, howl,shout,sulk (helps to reduce the magnitude of it)

Get drunk or stoned. (nothing beats that, and when you wake up with a hangover…there! You,ve got a new problem in your hands or head in this case)

Get high on music. (the harder the better, or whatever works for you)

Read a good book (something that has a happy ending, gives you hope about everything)

Give yourself a big mental kick, promise yourself that you won’t fall for that again. Kick some ass (proverbial again) and move on.

Its just one life you get to live. Don’t waste it in rehashing the past.
Moral of the story ( not the one that I read):
Every cloud has a silver lining. (if you can truly believe in that! God be with you)
Posted by: Jaya

3 comments:

  1. If overcoming is seeing futility in not, or seeing the reality that one's never the only or the first to go through shit, then the fourth option with the right sounding playlist does it, and does it good :)
    The fifth is like asking to meditate when the house is on fire. The last is like making yourself run straight on a gravity-less moon.
    And the rest don't even qualify beyond fragile distractions that promise greater but break down every few hours.

    And I have a lot of opinions, and few to buy. And so did I dump it here. You could choose your expletives for me now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm..ok...i agree that some of them are for momentary reprieve...but the last one's practical enough isnt it? when one finally has to own what he/she/they (:P) did???

    your opinions are definitley welcome and am not so aggrieved to start cursing you. YET.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "YET".

    caps lock is a very, very unwelcome key :)

    ReplyDelete