Friday, January 27, 2012

Fractured Mundane

To what end are we here?
Living and loving together….
Endless threads of ourselves intertwining everyday.
Twisting. Turning.
Knotting. Opening. Re-knotting.

Scattered through people and cities….and the world? This world spins on maniacally on an axis I know not who controls.
From dizzy spells I’ll disassemble and dissolve into a million fragments someday.

In that distant winter afternoon you brought me to the ruins of this fort…and today I sat still as you left me sitting on that same broken bit of its rampart….the last defense of a lost history.
I watched your retreating back for a minute and then willed you to look back just once.
Look back at this girl here…hair disheveled in the wind…..a book half open in her hands..
Still and quiet she sits.
Look back at me and think this…she looks beautiful in this small space of a glance.
I willed you to think.
I could do only that.

We sat wrapped up in a shawl together through one song.
An odd three minutes. But I never heard the song. I won’t remember it.
A world just two people big.
Its enough isn’t it?
There are no incurable romantics here.
But I could say it’s the universe and you.

You tickle me as I read.
I don’t mind it at all. You are here then with me.
The more I know you, the more I fall through dreams of wishes.
I spin words out from a mundane vacuum and throw them out for you to hold on to…
You claw through air. Empty air.
I am thinking of you in your voice. I can hear you in my head.

I forgot a little bit of you today.
You forgot a little of me.
A thread snapped somewhere today. But I found a lovely blue spool of thread in you today.
A fractured mundane…
But run your fingers through the blue that stitched it together.

3 comments:

  1. some places the words are just perfect. I don't know what else to say, keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you write-- I can so imagine this fracturing and it seems to fit beautifully. You have a gift. I can't wait to read more :)

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saikat: no green apple here..but i am thinking of plath... "i've eaten a bag of green apples,
    boarded the train there's no getting off"
    funny twirls of thought our heads take no?

    Jenn: like always...thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete