Monday, June 27, 2011

How Much Time is one Cigarette?

Its time enough for me to think that:
-Its high time i took my life in my hands and brought it under some semblance of control. To be more specific, that I should cultivate a healthier lifestyle in terms of food, regular exercise, proper sleeping hours and all of that...
-Its ironic and lame that I should think of health even as I smoke that idea away.
-I should probably make a will (not that I have anything worth of materialistic value to leave behind)...I may die tomorrow for all I know. But then, if the world does end next year then who would want the trappings of another's life to weigh them down?
-I should really look for a room of my own now...living in a hostel is fraying my nerves to the end.
-I should write more and read more.
-I should get my passport renewed.
-I should do something more socially relevant....I spiral deep into the whole notion of doing something to be part of one change or another...that there are too many things in the world waiting to be changed.
-I should really really try going to Marakkech....I haven't heard of anything as exotic as that...
-I should may be try my hand at playing Angry Birds.
-I should learn French. Who knows when I may get the chance for a Parisian summer love?
-I should read Foucault.... how many packets will I need to pull myself through one book?
-I should tell mum and dad about this alternate life that I lead here....they will not believe me..Social ostracism?
-I want a house on the hills....and one in some small Greek fishing village...
-I have still not gotten around to changing my pre-paid connection into a post paid one...drat!
-I have to start making a daily list of things-to-do.
-I still do not know how to operate a washing machine...I prefer hand washing my clothes...am I wasting more water and detergent?
-M's internet (read facebook and blogging) addiction is becoming very irritating. I do not understand obsessions..least of all, one which keeps you glued to a laptop even through a brilliant rainy Sunday afternoon (mentally humminng Lemon Tree...).
-M's weirdly sweet....especially while making Cheese Maggi (that just has to be put in capitals... and I should make up my mind about whether I can make my peace with this new obsession or should I challenge it?)
-I know what disc brakes on a bike are now....is that good?
-I need a good dose of old friends and some D-n-D.....its been way to long..J are you listening?
-I am standing too far away from the fan......

And now i am thinking about how a cigarette can define time....
I'll have to think about this...
The last cigarette.

6 comments:

  1. the question is why?? why prompted the idea of such a detailed but by no means an exhaustive list.. am sure that would take days and then some more to figure out and write.. okay digression.. coming back to the original question why? do we really need to live life in neat little packets of things that ought to be done or should be done.. not that yours are too specific like a five year plan to straighten out your life which seems a bit messy now but still why the list to weigh you down.. you think of something you want to do go ahead do it.. consequences be damned.. and well it seems like a sermon.. but lists... aaargh.. however, marrakesh is dreamy.. have to go there someday.. is on my list to do things.. 'wink'
    p.s. the last cigarette 'should' have been at least two months back if not earlier.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we never think of something we want to do, go out and do it and then think of another thing to do right? its not unilateral....
    wishes and wants come in multiples...
    this is not a bucket list kind of thing..its just a listing out of the thoughts that run across my head...
    maraakech is dreamy yes...check out the pictures and you'll go mad. i gaurantee that. (wink back)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so agree.....you write it so right....

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you :) i was looking at the pictures you took at the tughlaqabad fort in the winter that went by.....

    ReplyDelete